This is a major firmware update with lot of new functionality, enhancements and fixes. The new version is available in the Firmware area.
For users that already installed any of the v0.8.0.x beta drops, this release is nearly equivalent to the latest v0.8.0.20 with just a couple of minor corrections.
The user's manual (english version) has been also updated and available in the Documents area. Other language versions will be available soon.
It is my wish for 2014 focusing my development efforts on the SARK Plots client software, specifically on post-processing capabilities. This does not mean that firmware will not be opened to enhancements, but I believe that there is a lot of room for improvement in the client software such as measurement of transmission line parameters, tools for calculating matching networks for RFID antennas, improved calibration means, etc. Anyway, I am glad to hear suggestions for enhancements from users.
Following is the release notes for this version:
v0.8.1 - Release date: Dec 28th, 2014
- New transmission line Add and Substract feature
- New programmable signal generator mode
- New Multi-band mode
- New automatic scaling option
- Added ability to modify the default scale settings via special text files stored into the device disk
- New Setup - Color Themes
- New Setup – Plot Thickness
- New Setup – Sampling
- Different legibility and presentation enhancements
- Added capability to modify the default band presets via a special text file stored into the device disk
- Added new band presets
- Implemented the capability to specify a custom value for the reference impedance
- Added new cable presets
- Implemented the ability to add three custom cable settings
- Added automatic display of maximum and minimum values in the graph in Field Mode
- New "Load Bitmap File" option in the «File» menu
- Added ability to store or load the measurements in Cable Test mode
- Implemented a basic zoom feature in the Cable Test mode
- Changed Computer Control mode from the «Setup» menu to the «Mode» menu
- Added check of load condition for OSL calibration
- Improvements in the USB HID driver for Windows 8 compatibility
- Setting a largely different frequency value in Frequency Calibration causes the Single Frequency mode to crash
- Forbidden characters were allowed for file names
- Colors in the screenshots bitmaps were not accurate when displayed on the PC. Bitmap header did not include the RGB565 masks so they were display as RGB555
- User cancelation in markers menu was not managed properly in nested submenus
- Integrated FatFs module R0.10 (previous R0.07e)